Corteva Agriscience creates the world’s most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future.
As the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, we’re building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly and takes a stand on what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. We know we’ve got big challenges to solve – we hope you’ll be part of the solution. Whether you are in the lab or on the farm, teaching classes or crafting code – we need bold thinkers and fearless doers to bring their best to the job at hand. Every role at Corteva Agriscience includes an opportunity to grow what matters.
The Application Security Engineer is responsible for conducting vulnerability assessments on the organization’s applications and working with application development and support teams to coordinate remediation. This role will report to the Advanced Application Security Lead and will work closely with the application development teams to assess applications in development as well as in production. This individual will also need to work across several application vulnerability assessment capabilities and help application teams to adopt secure development best practices. The Application Security Engineer will help define and drive the implementation of these capabilities and work to integrate application security processes within the SDLC.
This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the United States. If hired, you may be required to travel as necessary to support business activities.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Develop roadmap for application security through the assessment of the application portfolio for Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) and develop processes for vulnerability identification, analysis and remediation coordination.
- Implement capabilities to conduct Static Application Security Testing (SAST) and Software Composition Analysis (SCA) and develop processes required to integrate into the SDLC.
- Identify, prioritize, and determine remediation priorities with leadership and security architecture according to impact to the information systems and its data
- Partner with application development teams to determine and implement secure development practices including training developers
- Assist in the prioritization and scheduling of Application Security scans for the company
- Participate in application threat modeling exercises
- Review code for security issues
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 5 years of Application Security Experience
- CSSLP, Certified Ethical Hacker or similar certifications
- Solid understanding of secure coding concepts
- Experience utilizing automated and manual testing techniques to identify and report on security vulnerabilities in an application
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Ability to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines and customer needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
Work/Visa Sponsorship not offered for this role
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated.