Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
At the State of Indiana, we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion – Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. As a proud equal opportunity employer, reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to interview and to perform the essential functions of a role.
About the Indiana Department of Revenue:
The Indiana Department of Revenue Customer Service Department is responsible for providing service and support to Indiana Tax paying customers. This is a fabulous opportunity to join a team that has been named as an IndyStar Top Workplaces three straight years – 2019, 2020 & 2021, and where we learn, have fun, and are committed to providing Best in Class Customer Service.
The salary for this position may be commensurate with education and/or experience.
Next level benefits at the State of Indiana are here! Be sure to review our expanded benefit package offerings below.
About the Job:
Application Developer – Intermediate works in an agency information technology division under general supervision performing application software development duties.
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Assists in system testing;
- Resolves customer complaints with application software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements;
- Works with technical staff to understand and resolve problems with application software;
- Demonstrates software functionality;
- Develops, codes and debugs new application software or makes enhancements to existing application software according to general specifications from higher level staff;
- Tests and debugs new and existing application software with general instruction, generating comprehensive unit test data, and validating test results;
- Writes intermediate and difficult application software programs according to specifications from higher level staff;
- Uses case tools and/or application development software tools;
- Provides complete documentation for new or modified application software programs;
- Develops problem solutions or application software enhancements within defined components.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
What You’ll Need for Success:
- Good understanding of business application within scope of work assigned;
- Considerable knowledge of application development software language;
- Considerable knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, and techniques used for application development;
- Considerable knowledge of application software tools used to maintain application;
- Specialized knowledge of information technology equipment, operation, and capabilities;
- Specialized knowledge of application software flow within defined component;
- Specialized knowledge and ability to apply problem solving techniques;
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) as well as vision and dental plans;
- Wellness program (offers premium discount for the medical plan and gift cards);
- Health savings account, which includes bi-weekly state contribution;
- Flexible work scheduling options, including the potential for hybrid remote work for employees whose work may be performed outside state facilities;
- Deferred compensation 457B account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match;
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options;
- A robust, comprehensive program of leave policies covering a variety of employee needs, including but not limited to:
- 150 hours of paid new parent leave;
- Up to 15 hours of paid community service leave;
- Combined 180 hours of paid vacation, personal, and sick leave time off;
- 12 paid holidays, 14 on election years;
- Education Reimbursement Program;
- Group life insurance;
- Referral Bonus program;
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits;
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program;
- Free Parking for most positions;
- Free LinkedIn Learning access;
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employe