Labcorp Drug Development is recognized as a leader in drug development because of our exceptional people. Our team is driven by an energizing purpose to improve health and improve lives. Here, you can play a role in bringing new scientific discoveries to life and make a difference in the lives of millions. Join us and discover your extraordinary potential.
Animal Care Technician-Animal Research
$3,000 Sign on bonus (after 60 days in position)
Hurry only 2 openings remaining!
No Late Hours! 24 days of PTO in first 12 months, we provide scrubs and launder them, great opportunities for advancement.
After 6 months of employment through Labcorp Education Advantage program we pay 100% of tuition for 15 degree programs
What will you be doing?
This entry level role requires no experience, just an interest in working with small and large animals in a laboratory setting. Duties include but not limited to;
- Maintaining the highest standards of animal care and welfare in accordance with the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC)
- Performing daily cleaning, feeding of our laboratory animals
- Providing environmental and dietary enrichment
- Learning and applying proper handling and restraint techniques
- Working in a fast paced, team environment
What do we look for?
- A passion for caring for animals
- This position has a lot of sanitation duties; it helps if you like to clean!
- Ability to follow standard procedures and embrace the extensive training that will be provided
- Stable work record with history of positive upward progression is preferred
- Prior animal care experience is helpful but not required.
- This is a day time position with work hours Monday-Friday 6:30am-3:30 pm along with working every 3rd weekend and some Holidays
What do we provide?
- You’ll be working with small and large animals on a daily basis and get lots of exercise!
- Extensive training, especially around proper animal handling and care
- We provide scrubs and launder them for you as well!
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) in the first year along with 7 paid holidays.
- Great benefit offerings that start the first of the month including 3 medical plans, 2 dental, all lab work done at Labcorp office is Free!
- Starting pay rates for Trainee Level $15.00 and $16.00 for Animal Care Tech, .50 increase once training is completed, typically around 6 months.
- Fantastic growth opportunities for you to grow your knowledge and career
- 24 days of PTO the first year with outstanding growth potential
- A career where your work connects to improving the lives and health of people and animals around the world.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Stable work history, strong attention to detail,
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.