The Associate Animal Care Technician is an entry-level position that builds skills in providing husbandry and care to a variety of laboratory animals including but not limited to rodents, rabbits, sheep, swine, horses, cows, and poultry in the conventional, barrier, and barn housing.
Duties include changing cages/cleaning stalls, washing, autoclaving, working with animals exposed to biological/chemical/radiation hazards, and preparing animal caging components for use in animal facilities. The Associate Animal Care Technician will perform all other cleaning and maintenance duties as necessary, and might occasionally be involved with the euthanasia of rodents.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Driver’s license
- Basic computer and data entry skills.
- Attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of animal care
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Professional behavior in speaking with all staff (Purdue and non-Purdue interactions)
- Ability to work overtime and on weekends/holidays
- One (1) year of animal care experience
- All new hires will be expected to follow Protect Purdue guidelines
- To learn more about Purdue’s benefits summary
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply