Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
Corteva Agriscience™ is seeking a Research Scientist to support crop protection chemical metabolism and metabolite identification studies within the Analytical & Formulary group at Haskell R&D Center in Newark, Delaware. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership and perform structural elucidation for metabolites generated from mammalian in vitro and in vivo ADME studies, which support safety assessments for crop protection products. This group maintains a key role in consulting, research and safety testing as part of Corteva Agriscience’s™ commitment to protecting human health and the environment.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Conduct structural elucidation for small molecule crop protection metabolites generated from in vitro and in vivo metabolism and ADME studies and propose metabolic pathways;
- Operate, maintain and be technically competent in flow-through radiochemical detection, high resolution mass spectrometry, LC-MS/MS and GC/MS analytical instrumentation;
- Develop methods for metabolite isolation and analysis from various biological matrices;
- Provide support to toxicologists to help design, conduct, interpret and report the analytical metabolism results for discovery (non-GLP) and regulatory (GLP) studies to advance the crop protection chemical discovery and registration pipelines;
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to junior scientific staff;
- Provide subject matter expertise for metabolite structure elucidation and mammalian biotransformation pathways within the Regulatory & Stewardship function;
- Communicate findings to business and scientific audiences, through both oral presentations and written technical reports and manuscripts;
- Manage multiple projects with up-to-date tracking of timeline and study status to support different product development pipelines.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Ph.D. in analytical chemistry or related area, preferably with at least 2 years of relevant experience; or MS with at least 5 years experience;
- Demonstrated expertise with method development and analysis using chromatography (HPLC, UHPLC) with modern mass spectrometric (LC/MS, LC-MS/MS) techniques;
- Demonstrated experience in unknown structural elucidation using analytical techniques such as high-resolution mass spectrometry;
- Ability to effectively function as a member of a high-performance team;
- Strong written and oral communication skills that allow dissemination of complex technical issues in a clear, concise manner to a variety of scientific and non-scientific audiences.
- Knowledge and expertise in chemical or drug metabolism;
- Experience in working in a GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) environment;
- Experience working safely with radioactivity, including carbon-14.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.Benefits:
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated.