Are you interested in an outside sales role within the Pest Management industry? Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Territory Manager in the Urban Pest Management Business.
This position is responsible for managing existing and new customer relationships. The Territory Manager sells Corteva products and solutions while identifying new opportunities for unmet customer needs – driving profitable business growth. This is a virtual office position based in Alabama.
The Urban Pest Management Territory Manager will be responsible for overall management and achievement of sales plans in this territory. This role will be focused on the Sentricon Termite Colony Elimination and ActiveSense remote monitoring businesses. You will be a member of a highly effective sales team which utilizes innovative marketing tools and strategies to help Pest Management customers sell their services, featuring Corteva’s products.
- Develop and execute strategies and tactics designed to increase Corteva sales with existing direct buying customers referred to as “Certified Sentricon Specialists” (CSS’s) and “ActiveSense Trusted Provider” (ATP) in this territory.
- Actively pursue new customers to the territory in a strategic manner.
- Serve as a “business consultant” to existing accounts, bringing value to their business via our business model and product performance.
- Aggressively manage marketing and sales programs, accounts receivable, inventory management, revenue validation, technical training and overall coordination and maintenance of account activities.
- Be a liaison between our customers and our internal teams to ensure timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and experiences.
- Develop and monitor territory budgets – including promotional, travel & entertainment and general territory expense budgets.
- Maintain company equipment, vehicles and records in a proper and safe manner.
- A safe driving record is required. A valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle is mandatory at all times for this position.
- Represent Corteva with the Pest Management Professionals and Associations within each state and earn leadership positions within the industry.
- Conduct all activities with a high level of professionalism and represent Corteva each day in a manner that is respectful, safe and would reflect positively on our company.
Critical Success Factors
- Ability to develop Objectives, Strategies and Tactics for the territory and demonstrate high flexibility and agility as the needs and challenges of the territory evolve over time.
- Strong initiative, assertiveness and results orientation will be necessary.
- Previous experience demonstrating that you are a self-starter who is highly productive and has the ability to work with diverse and cross-functional teams as well as work independently.
- Ability to lead and influence others.
- Good time management and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with the many social styles of customers and industry leaders who have differing needs.
- Effectively work with multiple levels of an organization from the Owner, CEO, CFO, Regional Management, Sales Staff, Technicians and Administrative personnel is critical.
- Excellent, presentation development & presentation skills are required. Incumbent must be able to communicate the features, functions and benefits of Corteva products one-on-one and in large customer meeting settings in addition to having the ability to demonstrate through hands-on, in-field use and service of the Sentricon System.
- Ability to work from a virtual location and master the use of technology and the communication tools to do so.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Word, manage Microsoft Excel pivot table databases and Microsoft PowerPoint.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Agriculture Economics, Engineering, or Sciences is preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience in addition to the Bachelor’s degree. 10+ years of experience required without Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative thinker, innovator.
- Demonstrates technical aptitude of product knowledge.
- Business and entrepreneurial skills and interests.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork.
- Proficiency in computer technology.
- Comfortable with risk; accepts individual responsibility and accountability.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.