Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group’s key figures are approx. 5.4 billion Euros turnover, over 900 laboratories across 50 countries and about 55,000 staff.
If you’re seeking to become engaged in purposeful work that will have a far-reaching impact, Eurofins Agroscience Services (EAS) provides the environment you’re looking for. With more than 50 years’ experience in the crop protection industry, EAS offers a unique portfolio of expertise, providing extensive laboratory and field support across multiple industries including agrochemical, biopesticide, pharmaceutical, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
When you join the EAS Group, you’ll become part a network of laboratories that prioritizes the execution of top-tier scientific studies. With access to specialized equipment and best-in-class instrumentation, you will collaborate with a team of highly trained scientists and study directors to rapidly build upon your existing skills set.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is searching for a Summer Intern, Research Technician to work in West Lafayette, IN.
Summer Intern – Research Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Eurofins Agroscience Services (EAS) is seeking a Research Technician to join our team. This role involves a dynamic blend of laboratory work and field research, primarily focusing on ecotoxicology and environmental safety within the realm of agroscience. As an integral part of the team, the Research Technician will assist in conducting a variety of studies including residue, efficacy, and pollinator trials. Most of the trials will be conducted under Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) procedures. This is an exciting opportunity for any talented individual who is seeking to further develop their agricultural research skills in a fast paced, field-oriented environment.
Goals and Objectives
- Temporary full-time position (Internship)
- At least 40 hours per week; opportunity for domestic and/or overnight travel. Overtime and weekend work may be required during peak summer months.
- Preferred employment dates: May to August/early September.
- Depending on area of assignment work will include:
- Full study conduct and data collection, operation of farm equipment, laboratory work, field duties, honey bee handling, planting and cultivation of crops under field conditions, working with agrichemicals, and overall station maintenance.
- Training to be provided on site including, but not limited to:
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Documentation procedures
- General farm maintenance
- Honey bee handling/basic beekeeping methods
- Study conduct; plot maintenance, pesticide applications, sampling, and data collection.
- Based on performance, return employment is possible.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- · Currently pursuing a degree in Biology, Agronomy, Environmental Sciences, Ecotoxicology, Entomology, or another related field.
- · Good academic standing with college freshman – senior status.
- · Ability to pay attention to details, work efficiently independently or with a team.
- · Experience with agricultural research, pollinator research, or urban pest management is a plus.
- · Able to operate and maintain farm equipment, including irrigation is preferred.
- · Valid driving license.
- · Required to frequently stand; walk; and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Assistance should be sought for a weight over amount employee is physically able to carry.
- · Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
Position is full-time, temporary through the summer; Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week, with overtime as needed. Hours may vary. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of West Lafayette, IN are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it’s incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you’ll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it’s requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.