SUMMARY: This position is responsible for communicating the value we bring to a customer and ensuring that those values are delivered and realized by our customers. In addition, this position is to develop a partnership, through traditional and/or non traditional methods, to obtain, retain and grow business. This includes being the primary resource for our customers regarding current and future technologies in a profitable manner through our DataOnTouch program. This position will be based out of the Bainbridge, In location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gain in depth knowledge and insight of assigned customers’ initiatives, goals, and strategies through regular interaction with all levels within the customer’s operation. This includes understanding the producer’s business drivers, strategy and buying practices
- Utilize maps, DataOnTouch and other tools to assist customers in interpreting information and making recommendations
- Work collaboratively with assigned accounts to develop field or farm plans using SSI or DataOnTouch
- Ensure objectives and targets of the producer are met by regular review of plan with targeted producer and Operational team involved with account to identify, evaluate and respond to key business issues of the account and develop, present and demonstrate our capabilities to the customer
- Develop work orders for products sold to the accounts (develop plans in SSI for the products sold to the accounts)
- Detail, position and sell Co-Alliance products and services during on-farm calls, telephone calls, texts and other interactions.
- Set and achieve sales, margin and other goals for each assigned accounts
- Maintain account and sales call records
- Communicate with Location Manager and Operations daily on account progress, account service and potential issues or opportunities with assigned accounts. Cooperates with decision makers and operational individuals within different businesses (Grain, Agronomy, Energy and Feed) on all account developments.
- Provide customer service and act as one of the primary points of contact for customers including resolving customer issues and complaints.
- Develop work habits that create, build and support the go to market strategy within the organization.
- Understand and support marketing strategy and Co-Alliance goals plus changes in these strategies and goals over time.
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural related field preferred: or a combination of education and/or experience
- At least 2 years of Ag selling experience
- Understanding of crop production business including basic agronomics
- CCA certification desired
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships
- Proficient with MS Office suite and company specific software. Ability to understand and utilize additional technological tools and resources
- Recognition of sales growth opportunities and pursuing them
- Knowledge of product margins and ability to maximize profitability for cooperative and producers
- Ability to maintain current business and develop new business
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well within strict time frames, despite numerous interruptions
- Strong analysis skills and ability to accurately calculate information
- Ability to work without supervision and make appropriate decisions
- Work hours necessary to be successful and travel as needed