Corteva Agriscience is currently looking for a Pioneer Agronomy Sciences Intern to work for 3 months duration – from May-August 2022.
Primary duties of the Agronomy Sciences Intern are help create and edit summaries of Pioneer agronomy research projects and crop management information pieces for use with Pioneer field sales teams and available to customers through the Pioneer Agronomy Library.
Additionally, the intern will assist in establishing and maintaining the Johnston Expo plots. The Johnston Expo plots include product, technology, and management demonstrations that are viewed by hundreds of U.S. and international visitors to the Corteva Johnston Global Business Center each year. Candidate will aide in organizing and analyzing observations and results from these trials and other research plots.
This position will compliment your formal education by providing the opportunity to experience a broad overview of opportunities in the seed industry, contribute to bringing innovative products to our customers, build interpersonal and communication skills while working closely with research, sales and customers, enhance and develop your skills through practical experience while collecting data and information related to field trials, and gain experience in independently managing your time and priorities.
Qualifications: What do you bring to the table?
- Enrollment in Agronomy, Plant Sciences, or related agricultural degree program.
- Completion of at least 2nd year of study desired.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Skilled with MS Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook); experience with Adobe Creative Cloud desired.
- High level of skill with written communications.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Basic knowledge of corn and soybean production practices.
- Superior work ethic, highly motivated, and thorough attention to detail.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills/experience desired.
- Willingness to work both indoors and outdoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions.