As part of an ever-growing ag community, we are uniquely positioned to address the challenges and seize the opportunities of a growing global population. We are dedicated to finding the most talented people to support the businesses of our member owners, local ag retails and cooperatives across North America. We strive to match people that share our passion for agriculture with sustainable careers in the communities in which our member owners operate. There is no better time to be part of the growing, dynamic world of agriculture – let’s help you find your fit.
Agronomy Sales Manager
Location: South Whitley, IN
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in establishing sales plans to achieve corporate objectives for agronomy products and services.
- Develops sales programs to achieve stated objectives regarding revenue, profitability, and market share for the agronomy department.
- Manages development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support sales.
- Analyzes marketing programs and adjusts strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
- Plans and conducts market research to identify opportunities for increased sales.
- Maintains customer database and approves the use of internal and external mailing lists.
- Reviews analysis of marketing surveys on current and new product concepts in order to recommend future product development.
- Provides post-event reports, analysis, and regular status reports on sales programs for the agronomy department.
- Plans, promotes, and executes agronomy sales meetings and community and goodwill events.
- Helps establish and maintain consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Helps plan, develop and implement cooperative policies and establish sales goals.
- Perform other activities as directed by the VP of Agronomy.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; and a minimum of ten years related experience and/or training (preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license.
Other Skills and Abilities
Voluntary training in providing First Aid and CPR
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you have questions about how to apply, please call the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.