Premier Ag Agronomy Sales Internship Objectives
- Attract top talent to Premier Ag.
- Assess Intern’s potential to be a Premier Ag Account Manager in a full-time position upon graduation.
- Provide challenging, professional, Intern skill development by allowing the intern to apply skill and technical expertise in the field.
- A Premier Ag Sales Internship is the final step in positioning a second- or third-year intern into an Account Manager Associate role upon graduation. At this point, the intern has already demonstrated the professionalism, initiative, and problem-solving skills necessary to work independently with growers to develop and implement crop plans.
- With assigned grower accounts and corresponding Premier Ag Account Manager, make initial introductions to describe working relationship with growers throughout the summer.
- Sales Project #1
- With assigned grower accounts and utilizing available tools, resources, and Premier Ag staff, monitor crop throughout the growing season and develop and communicate via independent and unsupervised grower sales call a recommendation for pesticide or nutrient applications.
- With grower approval for the recommended application, and recommended application checked by corresponding Account Manager, turn in the order to the appropriate operations team to schedule application or order fulfillment.
- After application or order fulfillment, follow up within 7 days to evaluate efficacy of the application and share findings directly with the grower.
- Sales Project #2
- Develop a sales call plan for a specific product line on an existing account that is not currently using the product/practice. The sales call preferred to be accompanied for post-call evaluation.
- Operations skill development
- Train for and perform an operations task in a limited branch support role to gain professional and workflow experience.
- Unless otherwise established, the Premier Ag Agronomy Interns will report directly to the VP Sales & Marketing
- Assign mentor and develop talent over summer, with goal of full-time placement upon graduation.
- Conduct weekly touchpoints.
- Along with assigned mentor, coach and assist with sales projects and call plans
- Conduct final evaluation with Premier Ag career path discussion.
Intern Job Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
– Field Scouting (observations)
- Utilize FieldAlytics software for scouting report to the grower
– Diagnostics & technical
- Intern agronomy training
- Tissue Sampling
- Crops Development School 2025
– Sales Projects
- Professionalism and effectiveness of projects and calls
- Pre call planning and post call evaluations
– Corporate support
- Any other tasks as assigned