About The Position
Taranis is a leading precision agriculture intelligence platform, offering a cloud-based solution that utilizes Satellites, Drones, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to support crop advisors and growers. Our solution helps prevent crop yield loss due to insects, crop disease, weeds, and nutrient deficiencies.
Taranis has raised over $100M from leading VC investors and is being led by a professional team with deep experience in agriculture, drones, and AI.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, self-driven, Agronomy Product Manager with a passion for Precision Ag to play a key role in our company while working with cross-functional teams to lead and own product areas, taking full responsibility from the discovery stage to the execution and go-to-market.
- Learn from and work side by side with Customer Success and Sales on a daily basis assisting them with meeting customers’ agronomic and information needs throughout the season.
- Work with ag-retailers and growers to understand their day-to-day information needs.
- Build, manage and oversee the delivery of customer-driven requirements by translating high-level concepts into clearly defined priorities and requirements.
- Be a source of knowledge for the company in regards to the market and the customers, and provide relevant and informative product data that will be the baseline for business and product decisions.
- Empathize with our customers’ and users’ needs and be a passionate advocate for their perspectives through all phases of product development.
- Research the latest precision ag technology and industry information and monitor competitor activity.
- Support sales/marketing programs & sales goals for strategic products.
- Conduct product meetings, demonstrations and solution deliveries with customers, sales and customer success personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Business or related fields, or two or more years’ experience in one of the following fields: precision ag, retail ag, crop consulting, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong Agronomy skills in the Corn and Soybean market
- Experience managing customer relationships
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development
- Demonstrated performance in delivering business results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Spanish and/or Portuguese speaker – an advantage
- Previous experience SaaS products / AgTech products a strong plus
To maintain and cultivate our unique DNA in Taranis, we look for people who
- Love what they do and are passionate about making an impact
- Able to adapt quickly in an intensive, fast-paced environment
- Own strong attention to details and sense of accountability
- Quick learners, organized and personally dedicated to accomplishing objectives
- Master multitasking, Hands-on, own high work ethic and prioritize workload
- Excellent analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgment
- Have great communication skills