As part of an ever-growing ag community, we are uniquely positioned to address the challenges and seize the opportunities of a growing global population. We are dedicated to finding the most talented people to support the businesses of our member owners, local ag retails and cooperatives across North America. We strive to match people that share our passion for agriculture with sustainable careers in the communities in which our member owners operate. There is no better time to be part of the growing, dynamic world of agriculture – let’s help you find your fit.
Agronomy Location Manager
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Summary: Manages agronomy production, distribution, and marketing operations for the Eastern Territory in a manner that will optimize cooperative market share and savings, improve cooperative efficiency, help achieve mission and goals, and result in outstanding customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports cooperative stated Vision, Mission, and Business Values.
- Projects a positive attitude to customers and employees at all times.
- Provides outstanding and courteous customer service.
- Read and follow company employee policies.
- Responsible for cost controls and budgeting of the Eastern Territory.
- Promotes, and supports cooperative agronomy programs.
- Assists in the development of annual farmer/customer programs that include soil testing, field mapping, product recommendations, timely and accurate application, field scouting as needed, record keeping, and follow-up calls.
- Maintains facility and equipment so that they have a good appearance and are always in working order.
- Complete written activity support documents as required.
- Maintain all records required by OSHA or cooperative safety procedures.
- Promotes cooperative products and services to customers.
- Explain company policies and site operations to customers as needed.
- Recommend repairs and improvements to the CEO.
- Oversees plant personnel training so that tasks are performed properly and safely.
- Controls inventories for proper seasonal levels.
- Assist the grain department as needed.
- Maintains periodic customer contact as needed, as well as a continual prospect list that is contacted appropriately.
- Adheres to the credit guidelines of cooperative.
- Helps plan, develop and implement cooperative policies and goals.
- Oversees compliance at the Eastern Territory regarding governmental regulations, and safety.
- Develops an atmosphere of teamwork among peer Management Staff.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises assigned employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; create a non-hostile work environment; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; or 5-10 years or more related experience and/or education; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Indiana Driver’ License (Commercial Driver’s License with Hazardous Material Endorsement preferred)
Preferred Commercial Pesticide Applicator License 1A
Preferred CCA certificate
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you have questions about how to apply, please call the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.