The agronomy intern is responsible for assisting the assigned location with operations and agronomy work, including field scouting, soil sampling, and customer deliveries.
- Scout fields and make recommendations with assistance from supervisor
- Conduct and analyze results of soil and tissue sampling
- Perform field applications and inventory control of feed, fertilizer, and crop protection products
- Assist in product deliveries to customers, with timeliness, efficient communication, and required paperwork
- Expand knowledge on the operations side of a retail farm center
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Minimal job-related experience
- Acquires basic skills to perform routine tasks
- Work is prescribed and completed with little autonomy
- Works with either close supervision, or under clearly defined procedures
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- 0-2 years’ relevant experience required
- Interest or major in agriculture related degree is preferred
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, with the ability to travel independently as needed
- 2 years progress in working towards a Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be at least sophomore status with a minimum GPA of 3.0
Physical Requirements and Working Environment
- Outdoor work in various weather conditions with exposure to outdoor elements
- Exposure to dust and high noise level
- Ability to work hours beyond those considered normal, including weekends
- Occasionally lifting of up to 50 pounds
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not include all responsibilities and skills required of the job and may be changed at any time. All responsibilities must be completed in compliance with all safety protocols, policies, procedures and consistent with the spirit and philosophy of The Andersons’ Statement of Principles.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The Andersons, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace. The Andersons, Inc. is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Note: The Andersons, Inc. conducts drug, alcohol and/or medical testing of applicants and employees based on type of position. A copy of our testing policy is available by contacting the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.