Manages the financial and accounting aspects of the Agronomy Division providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management and other users in making decisions about the company’s future. Directs the financial activities of the Agronomy Division of Ceres Solutions Cooperative by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports Ceres Solutions Cooperative’s stated Vision, Mission, and Business Values.
- Analyzes general ledger and all appropriate subsidiary accounts for accuracy and reasonableness in preparation of monthly financial statements for agronomy departments.
- Review inventories, margins, expenses, and profitability of agronomy departments.
- Perform financial analysis of agronomy departments along with the Senior Agronomy Manager and helps to develop and implement strategies for operational efficiencies and profitability.
- Work within the Agronomy Division team to effectively communicate analysis, goals and objectives.
- Prepare various reports for income tax, sales tax, and other regulatory agencies as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of work papers for the annual audit.
- Recommends to management procedures to improve the efficiency and accuracy of the collection of data in preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Recommends to management policies and procedures to enhance internal controls.
- Effectively communicate with appropriate office and departmental personnel areas of financial and information processing systems.
- Advises management on any undesirable operational or economic events.
- Accepts additional responsibilities and duties as directed by the CFO.
- Work effectively and relate well with others. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships.
Currently no direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The candidate will have an exceptional work ethic, a positive attitude, professionalism and be self motivated. The candidate will be highly responsible, flexible, and dedicated to deliver results in seasons of highest demand. The candidate must work well within a team and communicate clearly. The candidate must adhere to the core values of Ceres Solutions Cooperative. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Ability to learn Ceres Solutions ag-based programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is desired but not a requirement. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and demonstrate the ability to drive a vehicle independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.