The Premier Ag Account Manager is responsible for providing our grower customers with solutions
that increase their productivity, reduce risk, and work toward increasing the overall value of their farming
Unless otherwise stated, responsibilities are for growers assigned to the Account Manager.
- Accountable for proficient knowledge of products (CPP, CN, Seed), services (Custom Application, TRAX), and technology (TRAX umbrella) offerings of Premier Ag.
- Accountable for sales of above products, services, and technology to assigned accounts, working toward maintaining a $6 million territory size of above product and service offerings.
- Accountable for overall grower relationship and satisfaction with Premier Ag.
- Plan and execute effective sales calls with growers in identified trade area
- Influence growers to utilize best agronomic practices for maximum economic yield.
- With your supervisor, develop personal goals for annual performance review sheet with specific and measurable goals/projections for both sales and professional development.
- Develop and communicate with your supervisor a comprehensive action plan for increasing sales within the region or territory.
- Provide information applicable to management to assist in product/market development strategies.
- Communicate service needs to local branches for accounts- taking into consideration delivery dates, service dates, customer expectation, and inventory levels for fulfillment.
- Assist management in implementing programs and strategies for selected products.
- Evaluate current and target accounts, setting specific goals within each account relative to CN, CPP, Seed, and Services.
- Communicate current and short-term plan of sales activities to supervisor via weekly summary report.
Paid Time Off
401K with Employer Match
Life and AD&D Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability
- Associates Degree or a minimum of 4 years agronomy sales experience. Exceptions may be granted to qualified applicants on basis of aptitude or other experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and electronic).
- Proven ability to interact well with customers, suppliers, employees and management of all levels.
- Proven ability to solve and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Ability to work through financial concepts applicable to production agriculture.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Power Point, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to create and present informative product/program presentations.
- Working knowledge of crop production equipment, practices, and trends.
- Character traits of integrity, dependability, endurance, initiative, and enthusiasm.
The Account Manager position will report to the VP of Agronomy Sales