Corteva Agriscience has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an Agronomist based in Worthington IN.
As an Agronomist, you will focus on effective and efficient management of field production processes. This role capitalizes on your agronomic knowledge and ability to get in the field to collaborate with team members and achieve highest quality crops and yields. Further develop your leadership and people management skills by managing work processes, balancing workloads, and training & motivating employees. Utilize your problem-solving skills while fostering innovation, risk taking, and creativity.
This role will be on-site at our Corteva location.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee acreage planning, strategy, education, and resource allocation for field activities.
- Develop a cost effective, environmentally sound method of enhancing yields.
- Keep abreast of current agronomic practices, government agricultural programs, and environmental issues related to all phases of seed production.
- Work with government certifying agencies to assure all standards are met.
- Be involved in all aspects of grower relations, including but not limited to acreage allocations, contracts, and conflict resolution.
- Management of commercial seed production fields, Field activities may operate 7 days/week, 24 hours per day portions of the year.
- Participate in strategic planning, budgetary, safety, quality, and workforce issues for production employees.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining relationships with growers, contractors, and vendors.
- Serve as technical expert across a broad range of production activity.
- Meet targeted yields and other planning parameters agreed upon with Production Manager and Quality Planning and Supply Planning.
- Develop growing plan, review grower/field information and determine local acreage plans, and adjustments as plans change.
- Establish and support individual and team performance goals that are attainable and aligned with business strategy.
- Sponsor projects, team members, timelines, and deliverables to ensure productivity objectives are met.
- Promote health, safety, and environmentally friendly practices.
- Ensure Process Safety Management is implemented and fully executed.
- Evaluate and analyze the local competitive seed environment.
What Skills You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, agribusiness, or related discipline.
- 2 years or more of experience in agronomy, field science, agribusiness, or another related field.
- Possess seedsmanship skills and general product knowledge.
- A valid U.S driver’s license in good standing.
- Organization and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and priorities. Work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Develop and sustain High-Performing work teams.
- Computer Skills (office suite products)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Produce Safely a high yielding quality crop year in and year out.
- Passionate about agronomy and row crop management.
Benefits – How We’ll Support You:
- Numerous development opportunities offered to build your skills
- Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place
- Health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- Four weeks of paid time off and two weeks of well-being pay per year, plus paid holidays
- Excellent parental leave which includes a minimum of 16 weeks for mother and father
- Future planning with our competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement program
- Learn more about our total rewards package here – Corteva Benefits
- Check out life at Corteva! www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Are you a good match? Apply today! We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.