Corteva Agriscience has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an Agronomist at our Woodland California Sunflower Seed Production Facility.
As an Agronomist, you will focus on effective and efficient management of field production processes. This role capitalizes on your agronomic knowledge and ability to get in the field to collaborate with team members and achieve highest quality crops and yields. Further develop your leadership and people management skills by managing work processes, balancing workloads, and training & motivating employees. Utilize your problem-solving skills while fostering innovation, risk taking, and creativity.
This role will be on-site at our Corteva location.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Oversee acreage planning, strategy, education and resource allocation for field activities.
- Develop a cost effective, environmentally sound method of enhancing yields.
- Keep abreast of current agronomic practices, government agricultural programs, and environmental issues related to all phases of seed production.
- Work with government certifying agencies to assure all standards are met.
- Be involved in all aspects of grower relations, including but not limited to: acreage allocations, contracts, and conflict resolution.
- Management of commercial seed production fields, Field activities may operate 7 days/week, 24 hours per day portions of the year.
- Participate in strategic planning, budgetary, safety, quality, and workforce issues for production employees.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining relationships with growers, contractors and vendors.
- Serve as technical expert across a broad range of production activity.
- Meet targeted yields and other planning parameters agreed upon with Production Manager and Quality Planning and Supply Planning.
- Develop growing plan, review grower/field information and determine local acreage plans, and adjustments as plans change.
- Establish and support individual and team performance goals that are attainable and aligned with business strategy.
- Sponsor projects, team members, timelines and deliverables to ensure productivity objectives are met.
- Promote health, safety, and environmentally friendly practices.
- Ensure Process Safety Management is implemented and fully executed.
- Evaluate and analyze the local competitive seed environment.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelors degree in agronomy, agribusiness or related discipline.
- 2 years or more of experience in agronomy, field science, agribusiness, or other related field.
- Possess seedsmanship skills and general product knowledge.
- A valid U.S driver’s license in good standing.
- Organization and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and priorities. Work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Develop and sustain High-Performing work teams.
- Computer Skills (office suite products)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Produce Safely a high yielding quality crop year in and year out.
- Passionate about agronomy and row crop management.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!