WHO WE ARE:
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE:
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.
Looking to gain a valuable, hands-on experience in the seed industry? You can do that right here at AgriGold. In this internship program, you will have a variety of responsibilities from marketing, sales, logistics, to agronomy. You will work with District Sales Managers and see first-hand what the seed process looks like by working in the field on a variety of labor-intensive assignments from signage placement, signage removal, seed mapping, collecting data, and much more. As part of our high-performing team, you’ll gain exposure to our business and what it’s like to be part of a sales team. What’s even cooler? You will experience working on projects that will have a positive impact to the business.
Here at AgriGold and AgReliant Genetics, you are empowered to learn our business that will set you up for success as you develop your career. We are inviting forward thinking and courageous future leaders to embrace an entrepreneurial approach and start their journey of growth.
What to Expect?
In this 13-week field internship program, you will be heavily involved in increasing brand awareness in your assigned district. You will place signs in customer fields and update their field maps which will keep you super busy visiting a variety of customers’ farms. You will document agronomic ratings and population counts, and assist in delivering in-season seed to customer accounts. Lastly, you will experience what it’s like to work with an agronomist by nutrient sampling, collecting plot data, and scouting fields.
What YOU will do:
- You will gain hands-on experience in a variety of areas from logistics to agronomy. This will give you good exposure to the business!
- Logistics: Deliver seed to clients, update maps with sign placement, and retrieve signs. You will also get to develop and implement a plan to complete the seed return process.
- Marketing: Increase brand awareness by putting up signage and coordinating sign advertisement programs on growers’ fields.
- Sales: Prospect new growers and develop, plan, and host a customer recruitment event in your district.
- Agronomy: Assist with planting research plots, organize all signage of research locations, and complete vigor ratings and population counts at those locations.
- Administrative: In every role there is a bit of paperwork required! You will be responsible for tracking records of activities and expenses.
- You will develop relationships throughout the organization with multiple resource partners, cohorts, and leaders. Building relationships is the core of what we do!
Who YOU are:
- Highly self-motivated: You are eager to learn, ask questions, and collaborate with others to learn our business
- Strong time management skills: You have the ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and learn and adapt to various business areas
- Integrity: You exuberate trust, honesty, and ethics
- Dependability: You are reliable, responsible, and can be counted on
- Excellent Communication Skills: You are an effective communicator both in writing and speaking. You thrive with collaborating in a team setting
- Strong Work Ethic: You work hard and have a “get things done” mentality
- Professional Attitude: You show up every day with the goal to better understand our customers’ needs driving our collective passion to #HelpFarmersGrow
- Strong Leader: You take charge of situations and challenge others to step up their game
Qualifications AND Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or related field from an accredited school with a graduation date between December 2022 and May 2024
- Prior sales internships or work experience highly desired
- Must be willing to relocate
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs
- Ability to work outdoors 60% of the time
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Have a valid driver’s license and meet Motor Vehicle requirements
Think you have what it takes to join our team? Apply today!