WHO WE ARE
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
This position is responsible for representing LG Seeds in the sale and distribution of its seed products to dealers and select accounts in an assigned territory. Responsible for achieving maximum sales and increased market penetration of brand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact and be a representative member of the brand’s senior leadership team
- Lead the brand in defining current and future product needs and overseeing the development of the product line-up for all crops.
- Facilitate and train brand personnel on potential innovations in terms of new genetic offerings, traits, innovative technologies and seed treatments.
- Closely work with the corporate product management team to facilitate provider information and industry innovations within the brand’s personnel
- Coordinate support and input to the AgReliant Genetics’ Pre-Commercial Research (PCR) process.
- Supervise the brand field testing program including university testing programs, dealer plots, county plots and others as required
- Represent the brand in making recommendations for product feasibility studies and new product pilots.
- Collaborate with the marketing department for market position and supervise communication with the field sales staff, dealers, key partners and customers.
- Organize the summarization of product performance data and prepare field marketing data and tools
- Evaluate product potential for specialty market products such as Food Grade Yellow, WX, Silage, etc.
- Oversee the brand’s agronomic technical communication program including written product descriptions, technical updates by the agronomic services team, web site product information and other agronomic documentation as requested.
- Assist with the sales and agronomic team with duties and responsibilities as required.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet the company’s core values.
- Responsible for projecting a positive image of LG Seeds and AgReliant Genetics, LLC.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service and professionalism.
- Overnight travel within the assigned territory will be necessary as needed.
- Duties and responsibilities may be revised as needed either verbally and/or in writing.
- Knowledge of the seed industry, 10 years’ agronomy and/or sales/marketing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others, including building trust, communicating effectively, fostering innovation, focusing on the customer, collaborating with fellow employees, solve problems creatively and demonstrating high integrity.
- Working knowledge in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or other customer databases.
- BA/BS in Agronomy, Soil Science, Marketing, Business, Economics or another agricultural related field preferred
- Excellent planning and organizational skills; ability to plan and manage multiple tasks completely and accurately; strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written; detail orientated; advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
Ability to work required hours; ability to lift 25 lbs.; must have valid driver’s license and meet MVR guidelines; willingness to travel, some overnight travel required.