SUMMARY: This leadership position is responsible for the strategic development and implementation of Co-Alliance’s ag technology information, data, and resources. This includes providing innovative, solution-oriented recommendations using data and technology, to help the grower meet their individual goals. The role includes customer relationship development, personnel growth, facility and equipment optimization, financial management and short- and long-term planning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Lead Co-Alliance’s ag technology platforms
- Serve as the bridge between data, technology, and sales to make highly analytical decisions to increase the grower’s ROI
- Connecting data and analytics to sales opportunities
- Responsible for implementation of technology tools with our sales and operations team
- Work with IT to ensure proper flow of data from outside vendors into internal systems
- Optimize region assets including facility and equipment replacement and cross location utilization plans by working with Regional Managers
- Manage the agronomy mapping software
- Receive all incoming data files from grower/producer accounts and map grower fields
- Evaluate incoming data, metrics, and data files for accuracy and identify missing or inaccurate information
- Organize data in a manner that facilitates efficient reporting of usable analytics
- Perform statistical analysis and utilize agronomic data expertise to extrapolate conclusions from large data sets
- Assist in developing the vision and roadmap to execute current and future company goals and objectives to provide the best technology
- Involved in influencing and making key decisions on technology investments
- Oversee the precision ag, dispatching, soil sampling, fertility, and scouting programs
- Prepare and present data in a manner that is easily understood by the end user, i.e., charts, graphs, pictures, statistics, etc.
- Participate in cross functional collaboration to identify specific metric collection requirements and process improvement measures
- Provide education and training to sales staff and growers regarding precision ag technology’s agronomic advantages
- Actively gather and communicate market conditions and trends, customer needs and values, and product gaps to allow the business to create or modify product offerings
- Make sound and ethical agronomic recommendations to maximize profitability for our customers
- Stay current on features, benefits, and value of new technologies to make informed recommendations
- Identify, troubleshoot, and recommend resolutions to complex database issues
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture with five years or more of related work experience. Minimum 3 years’ experience working with agricultural datasets preferred.
- Previous management experience preferred
- Certified Crop Advisor certification preferred
- Agronomic skills: Understanding of crop conditions, soil conditions and soil test recommendations is preferred. All aspects of yield and soil mapping. Knowledge in all aspects of yield monitors, variable rate controllers, light bars, and GPS equipment used in the ag industry.
- Demonstrates essential abilities including personnel management, communications, analytics, customer focus and decision making
- Advanced agronomy knowledge and skills (insect, weed and disease identification, fertility)
- Financial knowledge including reading and understanding financial statements
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Email, Word, Excel, Power Point and Teams, google docs and collaboration tools.
- A wide understanding of IT technology and vendors combined with the ability to catalyze new developments to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Demonstrated proficiency using Geographic Information Systems software
- Strong understanding of agricultural datasets and major US crops.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and on-call as business conditions warrant
To be successful in this role, Sales Support will have to fully support these key activities
- Drive a stronger sales focus including:
- Developing resources and information in a customizable format for sellers to implement with customers
- Developing a future vision of where a large part of service is about bringing solutions to each grower.
- Identify and implement efficiency increasing strategies and activities across the locations (purchasing, application, customer service etc.)
- Lead, delegate, and coach, rather than do. Be willing to support employees that might do it different than them if the agreed-on outcomes are met.
- Drive the implementation of the Co-Alliance technology platform as one of the key strategies to enhance customer experience.