Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
The Director, Digital Experience is part of the US Pet Health Digital & Media team accountable for building the Elanco digital experience through our Pet and Vet digital channels including PetBasics.com & ElancoDVM.com. This role will ensure that there is a consistent and intuitive user experience across all digital touch points, and will deliver digital tools that add value for both consumers and professional customers.
The candidate selected will support digital product user research, design, wireframes, prototypes and content management for PetBasics.com & ElancoDVM.com and our supporting digital assets. He/she will also support the customer experience transformation initiative currently underway.
- Leads the vision for customer experience/ journeys across a variety of pet wellness-related initiatives on Elanco’s B2C and B2B websites
- Establishes goals and develops strategies for the acquisition and retention of new and existing consumers to achieve growth goals, including SEO, landing page optimization, dynamic content and personalization
- Develops digital experience roadmap for Elanco that builds consumer (B2C) and customer (B2B) value across the business, including new tools and technology, integrations with loyalty and salesforce enablement technology, support of sales and brand initiatives and integrations with external partners
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners including US IT teams, US brand teams and global digital and IT teams; know our customer and represent their needs and voice in the user experience design process
- Support the experience roadmaps and shopper paths on our site to include site navigation and information architecture, discovery, customization, as well as defining user experience strategy and experiences for mobile
- Support direct user experience development projects, providing concept, direction, and critical evaluation of projects; review all UX design created by the UX team and outside vendors to ensure usability and achievement of business goals, minimization of user confusion, and consistency with UX and usability guidelines
- Execute UX and UI processes with key measurable metrics that achieve both quality and rapid time to market
- Lead a team of digital marketers and agency partners, fostering a culture of design thinking, continuous learning and constructive design critique
- Bachelor’s in Graphic Design, Web Design or Marketing
- 5-7 years of experience in digital user experience and design with expert knowledge of e-commerce and mobile design principles, information architecture, Graphic Design, Web Design or Marketing SEO and user-centered design in an environment supporting both B2C and B2B strategies, ideally in a CPG, human health or pet health industry
- Analytical Skills: effectively uses data to generate insights for operations excellence
- Planning & Prioritization: highest impact, highest value
- Problem Solving: ability to use rigorous logic to solve problems with innovative effective solutions
- Process Improvement: Strive to build and continually improve processes that enhance the productivity of all teams
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment and meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple projects simultaneously
- Appreciation of standards; proven methods and tools to enforce brand identity and consistency across all projects
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- We personalization/ targeting through a platform like Adobe Target, Tealium or similar
- User experience testing experience through panels, technology or both
- This role can be located anywhere in the US with ability to travel to Elanco’s corporate headquarters in Greenfield, IN, as needed.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status