As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The US Demand Forecasting Advisor role supports modelling and enrichment to achieve a quality financial and supply demand forecast for business critical brands in the US. (Brands to be defined with Senior Director of Commercial Analytics). Additionally, this role is responsible for statistical modelling on remaining brands (no enrichment).
Specifically, the team member will create, maintain, and oversee forecast models, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, and other internal and external sources for business critical brands.
In addition, this role will be responsible for leveraging colleagues based in Innovation Alliance Center (IAC) to facilitate best in class financial and supply forecasting.
Additional Role Responsibilities:
- Performs a consistent evaluation of new forecasting and complex analysis techniques, tools and data-sources to improve outputs.
- Partners closely with Senior Director of Global Commercial Analytics and Marketing leadership to ensure implementation of forecasting vision to enhance forecast accuracy (Financial and Supply) and development and implementation of additional analytical capabilities.
- Leads forecasting work on business critical brands and strategic growth initiatives, including deep dive reviews of competitive launch impacts and pricing elasticity that affects financial forecasts.
- Partners with senior leaders in sales and marketing to enrich business critical forecast models, managing the process and creating quality financial and supply forecasts for brands managed.
- Interaction with sales, marketing, finance, and supply chain leadership to understand demand forecast drivers and present to senior leadership. Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas, and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
- Maintain an environment open to change and innovation, recognizing improvements in existing tools and anticipating new technologies to deliver best in class forecasting and to maximize effectiveness.
- Demonstrates and develops ability to influence without authority across the organization and the larger Global Commercial Analytics Team.
- Leads consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with sales, marketing and finance personnel. Support and help prepare relevant material to facilitate discussion
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 + years working in finance, forecasting or related analytics fields.
- 3+ years of experience in Animal Health or related Industry
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Experience working data collection and analytics systems such as JMP, R, and other software related to demand planning.
- Proven analytical/problem solving skills to enable the review of historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Excellent communication, presentation and consultative skills
- Tableau, PowerBI or other visualization tool utilization experience
- Advanced Degree (MBA/PhD)
- Demonstrated success working on team projects across multiple business functions.
- Demonstrated success managing large projects
- Demonstrated success leading others through influence
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status