As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
This role has responsibility for planning and strategy to drive consumer awareness and generate demand for the Advantage II, K9 Advantix II and family of brands. This role is responsible for overseeing DTC campaigns and media, retail, key online partners and veterinary engagement. The Sr. Brand Manager is responsible for marketing planning and driving demand at all stages of the purchase funnel. This role represents Adv II and K9 Adv II among internal and external teams.
Day to day responsibilities
Execution and Planning of US Category and Brand Planning:
- Annual Brand Planning to drive consumer awareness and generate demand, containing all elements of the marketing mix.
- Plan and Execute the roll out of consumer and B2B marketing campaigns
- Collating the elements and ideas resulting market research, field feedback and customer insights aimed at meeting the needs of the market and exploiting fully any opportunities presented.
- Drive product demand through insightful campaigns and marketing materials
- Develops pricing strategy in accordance with global guidelines where applicable
Coordination of the production and supply of all support material:
- Work closely with relevant advertising agencies, production agencies and media buyers to develop and deliver in market campaign and field support materials.
- Ensure compliance with industry and internal organizational regulatory requirements.
- Partner with Development and Regulatory Departments to ensure that Finished Goods meet all legal requirements in terms of packaging, text, and insert leaflets. Liaising and coordinating with Artwork departments in affiliate, Regional and Global hubs.
Expenditure, Production & Sales Forecasting:
- Manage local expenditure budgets for marketing activities (A&P) in the country affiliate. It is the responsibility of the Brand Manager to manage this budget, to ensure appropriate allocation of resources within the agreed budget and ultimate budget holders. Included is the management of relevant external agencies – advertising, creative, communication and PR
- Partner with Business Unit, Technical Operations, Regulatory and Customer Services to ensure sufficient stocks available to meet Sales Targets, at the same time meeting Inventory objectives.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer and customer needs
- Positive attitude and fit with Elanco cultural pillars
- Analyzes needs and requirements by interacting with customers, consumers, and sales teams, determining appropriate market research to determine customer needs and to identify the competitive pricing.
- Spends appropriate time (min. 20%) in the field to support Sales teams, meeting customers and consumers and gathering feedback on a first-hand basis.
- Market Information monitoring by maintaining an up to date Market Information System covering the market in which the brands/products compete, including market sector values, market shares and position, competitive positions and information, market research data
Develop and maintain business relationships with key opinion leaders and strategic accounts:
Build positive relationships with relevant external bodies, key influencers and opinion leaders within the industry and profession, addressing meetings and attending conferences, including manning trade stands and general customer liaison at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree, Marketing/Business preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Sales or Marketing in various sales channels
- 2+ years of experience in managing multi channel media plans with a focus on digital
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with teams and various functional areas such as research, development, marketing services, finance, customer service, and business development.
- Qualified candidates must legally be authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Additional Skills/ Preferences
- Positive attitude and fits well with Elanco Cultural Pillars
- People management experience preferred
- Pet Health Marketing experience preferred
- CPG Background preferred
- Strong understanding of customer requirements and be able to articulate these requirements into valuable, defensible product positions.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail, commitment to excellence, and drive to achieve positive results.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent planning and leadership skills.
- A results driven team player able to work in and with a proactive team with a high degree of customer focus
- Excellent organizational and implementation skills
- Strong Communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal
- Mastery of and compliance with project approval requirements, Elanco policies and procedures
- Consumer packaged goods marketing experience
- Retail marketing experience
- Reports to: Executive Director, US Pet Health Marketing
- Direct reports: 2
Location & Expected Travel Percentage
- Approx 20% Travel