Functions, Duties, Tasks:
The Senior Advisor role is accountable for the development, planning and execution of global packaging initiatives, projects and indirect responsibility for coordination across the value chain including R&D, Manufacturing Sites, Distribution and waste. This includes;
- Knowledge of packaging materials and packaging for multiple platforms (i.e. blister, bottle, syringe, vial, cartons, etc.).
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical packaging operation, cGMP and regulations.
- Ability to evaluate existing packaging formats and packaging operations and improve productivity.
- Good understanding of systems and how they can be integrated into packaging operations.
- Good people skills, i.e. communication, coaching, constructive feedback, teaching, transferring skills and knowledge.
- Ability to coordinate cohesive teams of technical people that are committed to make continuous improvements in packaging operations.
- Provide strategic oversight globally for Packaging Engineering; partner with technical staff to provide oversight of the broader engineering community maintain appropriate metrics, targets and provide periodic updates on overall program status to management; develop new technology/tools as needed to support the discipline.
- Responsible for developing optimal packaging methods and processes to produce final finished goods and provide creative packaging alternatives with R&D and Marketing to support new and existing projects.
- Maintain current awareness of industry state-of-the-art technologies and packaging/design advancements, including innovative (novel) raw materials and container/closure concepts.
- Drive productivity for key customers within the global packaging network, establish connections for effective use of other resources across the global packaging network to drive high value packaging related improvements.
Basic Minimum Requirements (education, experience and/or training, required certifications):
- BS or higher in Engineering
- Minimum of five years prior relevant pharmaceutical and/or animal health packaging project and support experience.
- Strong problem solving capabilities including strategic and creative thinking.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skill: verbal and written.
- Cross-functional networking and influencing ability.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity.
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Good understanding of packaging equipment, materials, and technologies utilized in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Fluent in the English Language
- Basic understanding of cGMP regulations and regulatory agencies packaging requirements. Must understand the packaging requirements for international shipments.
- Must have experience working with equipment vendors and distributors, for packaging engineering projects and support activities.
- Basic project management skills.
- Successful candidate will frequently work independently and, as such, must be a self-starter and capable of working with minimal daily direct supervision.
- Strong multicultural interaction skills
- Exposure to Lean/Six Sigma principles
- Experience in environmental packaging
- This position serves an 8-hour Monday through Friday work schedule.
- Situations may arise where off-schedule work, both on-site and off-site, may be required.
- This position may require 20-30% travel to domestic or international locations on an annual basis.
- Potential to Supervise a small number of engineering personnel.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status