Elanco Indirect Procurement strives to provide value to the organization by delivering results, simplifying procurement policy and processes and owning the strategies and tools to support continued success, as well as the commitment to “doing it the right way.” This role will lead the Global G&S Procurement team to define best practices, guide supplier selection and drive rationalization efforts across the organization, as well as support the business by minimizing risk while maximizing value and service levels to Elanco in contractual relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Supply Chain, Business, Finance or other related field.
- 8+ years of strategic sourcing experience at the global level
- At least 6 years of experience sourcing large dollar amount indirect categories of spend
- Ability to understand and negotiate contract terms and conditions, understanding value chains and associated cost drivers
- Ability to network, influence and drive organizational change even beyond area of direct responsibility across all levels of management and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set direction, manage commitments, work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven project management experience
- Strong business acumen with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Clear examples of taking bold leadership to drive organizational change with an ability to collaborate internally and externally
- A continuous improvement mindset and a desire to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Leverages broad network (internally & externally) to maintain market knowledge & best practice awareness
- Previous experience with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and integrations
- Functionally specific strategic sourcing experience
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status