Elanco Animal Health is a world leader in developing products and services that enhance animal health, wellness and performance. Elanco products contribute to the production of an affordable and abundant supply of food. Our half-century of innovative products, services and global partnerships help to fulfill our vision of food and companionship enriching life. We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 9,000 employees worldwide. Our worldwide headquarters and research facilities are in Greenfield, Indiana.
The US Pet Health Retail Business Unit is an exciting franchise of Elanco that sells $550m of OTC and Rx products through various retailers. This position is an integral part of the PH Retail BU that is responsible for business partnering, planning, forecasting and reporting for the BU. The role reports into the CFO-USA and has significant upward influence and leadership exposure. It requires strong analytical and interpersonal skills to connect and be respected by the key commercial stakeholders, curiosity and willingness to understand the business in depth and provide relevant analysis.
The key responsibilities are the following:
- Serve as the financial leader for the PH Retail BU who is responsible for the delivery of results in partnership with the Senior Vice President of the unit. Key deliverables include:
- Driving Performance management – sales delivery, upside initiatives, gross margin improvement initiatives, controlling OPEX budgets
- Driving financial cadence and governance for pricing – optimized price levels, gross to net spend effectiveness through business case modelling and ROI tracking, driving compliance with controls for Gross to Net management and appropriate accounting of various programs
- Proactively managing the income statement to meet internal and external expectations.
- Lead development of financial forecasts (Business plan and latest forecasts) for designated area of responsibility
- Lead the financial reporting for retailers and partner with the analytics group to continuously improve our analytics capability that helps drive data-based decisions
- Oversee product pricing and rebate management for the BU. This will include accrual calculations and support for appropriate G2N accounting for the entire business
- Performance of SOX controls, ensuring compliance and appropriate documentation as well as other month end procedures such as monthly journal entries and reconciliations for relevant GL Accounts
- Drive best practice sharing across the US Finance team and support other areas as required by business priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/Finance
- MBA and/or professional certification (CPA, CFA) preferred
- 5-7 years minimum experience working with financial or accounting.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Ability to influence and partner with internal stakeholders
- Ability to collect and analyze complex information, think strategically, reach conclusions, and implement appropriate courses of action with limited supervision
- Ability to effectively prioritize and plan work efforts, progress on multiple concurrent deliverables and consistently meet deadlines; demonstrated strong project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of financial concepts; propensity and comfort working with large data sets typically within Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated business/process ownership. Established IT skills, preferably SAP experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Recognized ability to work with confidential / sensitive information
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status