At Elanco, sales’ plays a vital role in driving our growth and helping us realize our mission to enrich our customers’ lives through food and companionship. Our employees are passionate about what we do every day to build our portfolio of brands. As a team we embrace our role as the bridge between our customers, our stakeholders, and our products. We focus on delivering competitive, smart strategies and execution that will enable Elanco to succeed.
The US Pet Health Sales Training Course Developer will work collaboratively with the Senior Director of Sales Force Enablement and Training to facilitate training content needs for the sales force within the US Vet Business Unit. They will contribute to sales success by creating educational courses and training materials to further our goal of being the most technically competent field force while contributing to the overall sales goals of the US Vet Business Unit.
This position will play an important role in the overall planning and continued success of the US Vet Business Unit.
- Work with the Senior Director of Sales Force Enablement and Training to develop educational courses and sales training materials.
- Responsible for determining breadth and depth of training content that support organizational sales goals and objectives.
- Shapes disease state curriculum outline to deliver against organizational goals and maximize training ROI.
- Owns budget for disease state material development as applicable to business planning process.
- Accountability for making or solving complex training and business decisions that have broad impact on US Vet Business Unit results.
- Influence cross-functional key stakeholders and gain alignment on training philosophy, resource needs and direction.
- Conduct research to assess competitive training, identify internal training gaps and construct plan to close gaps.
- Create content and training materials to support field learning and business goals.
- Owns process of dividing training content and materials into teachable units.
- Manage projects and timelines for curriculum courses and new product launches.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of developed training courses and coach veterinary team on quality execution.
- Facilitate Sales Representative training when needed.
- Effective utilization of learning databases and other essential software programs (Learning Management Systems, PowerPoint, and etc.)
- Assist in achieving other Elanco training business priorities as needed.
- DVM or VMD degree required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a consulting veterinarian, training content developer or related field.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Aptitude for researching disease state and product content and adapting it into teachable units.
- Technical selling mindset.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Effectiveness in communicating complex and/or technical information to a broad range of audiences.
- Aptitude for complex problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including facilitation, interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Teams.
- Strong organization and detail orientation skills.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to successfully manage complex projects involving multiple stakeholders and interdependencies.
- Analytical skills with ability to draw information from data and convert it to evidence-based decisions.
- Ability to make decisions within the context of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Can Work Remote but must be willing to travel into Greenfield
10% or more depending on location
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status