Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 20,000 employees, Corteva is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Supervisor. This role will provide accountability for administrative support within the group. Performs complex administrative duties with minimal supervision. The nature and complexity of the work requires technical expertise, resourcefulness, independent judgment and decision-making.
This position is a working Supervisor position where a large percentage of time is spent as an Administrative Assistant to Leadership, in addition to some supervisory duties. An ideal candidate will have recent experience as an Administrative Assistant as well as supervisory experience.
Responsibilities – How will you help us grow?
- Supervises and leads the work of administrative employees within the dept. Assigns work, provides instruction, manages development plans, and evaluates employee performance and makes compensation recommendations. Responsible for employment processes, such as coordinating the hiring process for new or replacement positions. Responsible for providing career development guidance, coaching and addressing performance issues within the administrative team. Delegate accurate information to support staff and provide assistance when necessary. Accountable for the overall design of dept administrative support work streams and work processes.
- Will serve as a Personnel Data Entry Coordinator (PDEC) in executing R/3 functions related to payroll procedures, new hire and position management. Specifically, will assist in managing headcount budget, personnel files, assist in open position postings, scheduling of interviews, assist in onboarding, verification of employee reports and organizational charts.
- Coordinate development and implementation of business processes and records. This could include contract review and negotiation or creating and analyzing reports for recommendations to management.
- Conducts analysis of data, business issues or problems. Exercises judgment in making appropriate conclusions and recommendations. Ensure compliance with retention policy.
- Interprets and organizes data in the preparation of reports, spreadsheets or presentations.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with internal customers and external vendors. Interfaces with multiple levels of staff on a regular basis.
- Serves as information resource, ensures information flow within the dept and across other departments or with outside parties. Prepares and delivers key messages related to business operations. Initiates contacts on behalf of management to furnish or obtain information necessary to complete responsibilities, answer questions or to explain highly complex or confidential information. Requires a thorough knowledge of department or work groups and an ability to interpret policies, procedures and practices within the assigned areas.
- Establishes and maintains files, reports, and other hard copy or computerized information related to departmental operations. Information may be highly confidential.
- Time Data Entry Coordinator (TDEC).
Requirements – What You’ll Bring to the Table
- Associates degree required in business administration, office management (or related field), and equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of related administrative work experience, with 2-3 years’ experience as a supervisor/team leader.
- Demonstrated staff supervisory skills including coaching, training, teamwork and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships.
- Power user of Microsoft office products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
- Exposure to project management skills including the development, implementation and management of business projects and procedures.
- Experience in negotiating and managing contracts.
- Knowledge of business and technical skills related to the research organization.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in ongoing work.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Ability to lead and work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain and protect confidential information.
- Attention to detail.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at just a few of the advantages to working at Corteva and how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.