General Description of Position: Adjunct Faculty are hired each semester on an as-needed basis. Adjunct Faculty are responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided.
- Facilitates student learning by delivering assigned classes in accordance with College policy and course objectives.
- Makes optimal use of available technology to enhance instructional methods.
- Develops/maintains course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and materials. Maintains accurate student records, grades, and other requirements.
- Engages with students in meaningful and productive ways that impact student learning and leads to a positive experience with Ivy Tech Community College, shows evidence of developing and implementing active classroom teaching strategies focused on engaging students with their learning (curricular).
- Interacts with students and co-workers in a professional and cooperative manner, complies with College policies, campus guidelines and expectations.
- Ensures knowledge of and implements emergency and safety procedures for classrooms, labs and all learning environments.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
Minimum Qualifications: Agriculture Program Standard:
A qualified faculty member in Agriculture meets the School of Technology criteria:
Possesses an earned baccalaureate or higher degree, from a regionally accredited institution, in the fields of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Agriculture Education, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Systems Management, Agronomy, Animal Science, Botany, Horticulture, or Plant Science; or
Possesses a current Workplace Specialist License granted by the Indiana Department of Education appropriate to course objectives and directly linked to credentials, certifications, and competencies listed in the Curriculum of Record (COR), or
Possesses an earned associate or higher degree, from a regionally accredited institution directly related to the program’s discipline, and has two years of directly related work experience.
Hiring Range: $38.35 per contact hour
Team Ivy Referral:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Ivy Tech Community College