PURPOSE AND SCOPE
This position is responsible for assisting the Accounts Payable Manager in the overall functions of the Accounts Payable Department. This position is responsible for the accounts payable process including vendor relationship management, procurement coordination, invoice review and payment.
- Accounts payable process including assisting in vendor relationship management, procurement coordination, invoice review and payment.
- Communicate and monitor company procedures to ensure invoices are handled in a timely, effective manner to maximize terms discounts and minimize unauthorized or double payment.
- Monitor Accounts Payable system and its interaction with the General Ledger.
- Support vendors and internal staff when inquiring on invoice payment.
- Maintain an accurate filing system of invoices paid and checks printed.
- Maintain vendor master files.
- Maintenance and administration of accounts payable document imaging.
- Assist in executing effective and consistent coding of invoices to general ledger accounts.
- Support evaluation of sales/use tax on invoices.
- Research sales and use tax code for all currently active jurisdictions.
- Support evaluation of transactions to be reported on Form 1099.
- Distribution of incoming invoices and statements for approval.
- Reconciling of vendor statements to ensure all invoices have been paid.
- Assist in management of the corporate credit card system.
- Perform other related duties as may be required by the Accounts Payable Manager.
Education and Training:
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record as determined by Beck’s automobile insurance policy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel. Knowledge of electronic financial management systems.
- Minimum of one-year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.