WHO WE ARE
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/yearly federal, property, and state use/sales tax reporting
- Lead one direct report on monthly accounting close activities and deliverables (i.e. journal entries, account reconciliations, analytics, and reporting)
- Implement, communicate, and track internal control activities and structure within the team
- Work cross-functionally with and support our business partners by providing financial insights and relevant reporting
- Maintain fixed assets for the company, including in progress, additions, disposals, and reporting
- Evaluate and analyze reporting data for Parent Organizations
- Calculate company trait, discounts, and seed service fees accruals
- Provide support and assist with the company year-end financial audit
- Collaborate with team and business partners on financial reporting enhancements
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline required
- CPA and/or Master’s degree preferred
- 5-8 years of general accounting experience required
- Knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, and Lease accounting
- Experience in Concur and SAP helpful, but not required
- Thorough understanding of accounting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have problem solving abilities
- Ability to effectively present information
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and multitask
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work required hours
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Must have valid driver license and meet MVR guidelines