This position will be a key contributor to the Elanco Corporate Accounting and Reporting (ECAR) team and will assist with and be responsible for many aspects within the month-end closing process and the consolidation of financial results for Elanco; Corporate consolidation activities including oversight and review of top-level corporate accounting entries, consolidation roll-ups, intercompany accounting and other special transaction accounting. This position requires interaction with other ECAR team members, Financial Planning and Analysis, Shared Services Accounting, Global Treasury, Corporate Tax, Corporate Manufacturing, and external auditors.
- Assist in oversight and review of the accounting and execution of the corporate consolidations process and external management reporting for Elanco consolidated results;
- Corporate consolidation activities including oversight and review of top-level corporate accounting entries, consolidation roll-ups,
- Assist with completion of consolidated Statement of Cash Flow,
- Intercompany accounting and other special transaction accounting;
- Troubleshooting accounting issues with affiliates;
- Performing audit and quality checks during the monthly close;
- Assistance with Intercompany accounting, including Tax-driven legal entity restructurings and recapitalization events;
- Oversight and review of other monthly and quarterly close-related analyses such as balance sheet and Other Income/Deductions (“OID”) analysis;
- Quarterly financial reporting activities including assistance in the preparation of SEC quarterly external report filings (10Q/10K), and certain year-end reporting schedules.
- Additional special project work, including changes in accounting policy, consolidations activities, as well as preparation of supporting information for the annual and quarterly SEC reporting for Elanco.
Key Objectives / Deliverables:
- Assist in oversight and review of the accounting and execution of the corporate consolidations process and external management reporting for Elanco consolidated results
- Assist with review of top-level corporate accounting entries, consolidation roll-ups,
- Assist completion of consolidated Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Shareholder’s Equity and Statement of Cash Flow
- Assist with development of internal financial statement reporting and analysis
- Preparation and review of monthly-close SOx deliverables, including audit and quality checks
- Assist with oversight and review of monthly and quarterly analyses such as the Balance Sheet, Income Statement and OID Analysis
- Provide accurate and timely accounting guidance to affiliates and business partners
- Compilation of select financial statements and supporting footnotes and schedules for the quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K SEC filings for Elanco
- Perform certain month end closing related activities, including creating, posting, approving and reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly-close SOx deliverables
- Participate in the integration of the Bayer SAP systems into Elanco SAP
- Establish and refine accounting policies
- Troubleshoot issues with affiliate and corporate accounting personnel, and country/regional controllers and analysts.
- Participate in SAP Consolidations/Management reporting
- Assist in assuring compliance with Elanco Global Accounting Policies and Practices
- Pursue opportunities for streamlining and improving processes
- Special project work including changes in accounting, consolidations activities, as well as assisting in preparation of the annual and quarterly SEC reporting for Elanco.
Other Corporate Closing Coordination:
- Pursue opportunities to streamline processes within the closing process.
- Provide accounting operational and technical guidance to affiliates and other corporate areas (Tax, Treasury, Manufacturing) in the form of training, policies and adequate instructions to ensure that we maintain a quality control environment, make efficient use of company resources and assure compliance with Elanco Global Accounting Policies and Practices.
- Understand link between external reporting and management reporting to ensure that we account for transactions properly in SAP and provide appropriate guidance to affiliates.
Other Special Projects:
- Maintain year-end reporting schedules for footnotes; assist with government reporting; perform SOX control reviews for JV’s and Account reconciliations;
- Participate in the integration of the Bayer SAP systems into Elanco SAP; other special projects as identified throughout the year
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years’ experience in Finance function or public accounting practice, preferably with in-depth knowledge of US GAAP technical accounting
- CPA or Chartered Accountant
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment positi
- Solid understanding of consolidations, with a preference of experience with foreign currency transactions
- Working knowledge and experience with SAP S4/HANA and Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) module
- Strong self-management skills and high learning agility
- Proven ability to produce high quality work
- Excellent interpersonal skills with customer focus
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Solid problem solving skills and ability to be innovative and creative
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Extensive knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility during peak closing periods. Overtime is required during month-end closing, especially at year-end.
- Minimal travel.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status