Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America’s Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling boneless ham brand in the United States) as well as several well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer’s, Field, Mickelberry’s, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We have additional processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
Indiana Packers Corporation is looking for a motivated Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our staff, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, learn more about working in an ERP system, and assist with other accounting activities. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
To be a strong candidate for an Accounting Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles and a positive attitude. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
Accounting Intern Responsibilities:
- Shadowing members of the accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Preparing financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Working with an ERP system.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company, its customers, and its vendors.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
Accounting Intern Requirements:
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a bachelor’s or master’s in accounting.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.