Corteva Agriscience has an exciting new opportunity in the Predictive Safety Center (PSC) within Regulatory Science for an Ecotoxicology Scientist. This role will be part of ecotox team to develop and implement ecotoxicity predictive tools in PSC labs.
This role will be on-site at our Corteva location in Indianapolis, IN
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
The successful candidate will serve as a Ecotox Scientist with laboratory and scientific responsibilities in the screening of new active ingredients and products in the discovery phase; this includes:
- Working closely with internal ecotoxicologists to develop high-throughput ecotoxicological testing assays to screen for toxicity with non-target organisms;
- Validating and implementing the developed assays for testing with discovery-phase new actives and formulations;
- Conducting production work on various ecotoxicological testing assays to generate data within set timelines for ecotox assessment;
- Bringing innovative ideas to increase the efficiency and productivity of PSC ecotox lab;
- Troubleshooting assays and instruments to minimize the disruption of lab workflow;
- Overseeing ecotoxicological studies at internal or external laboratories including protocol preparation, interactions with study directors, critical evaluation of data, problem solving, and reporting of results;
- Analyzing data, contributing to QA/QC, and clearly communicating results in both written and oral format;
- A Master degree in environmental toxicology or related chemistry or biological discipline; Or BS in environmental toxicology or related chemistry or biological discipline with 5 years industry work experience in ecotoxicology serving the agrochemical industry
- Demonstrated competency in implementation of laboratory-based ecotoxicity studies;
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities to manage and coordinate multiple projects and chemistries;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience to creatively address complex predictive ecotoxicology challenges in a timely and effective manner;
- Strong scientific background and critical thinking skills;
- Experience with working with organisms and cell lines using aseptic technique is a plus;
Work/Visa Sponsorship not offered for this role
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Our Indianapolis, Indiana campus is home to more than 1,000 employees whose mission is simple – to feed the world. While our employees are busy working to solve world hunger and ensure environmental sustainability, we’re taking care of them by offering convenience and comfort during the workday with an onsite fitness center, coffee shop, credit union and top-notch cafeteria touting a grill, wok, deli, fresh salad bar, and a variety of ethnic and healthy menu options. Need some fresh air during your work day? Take advantage of our beautiful tree-lined walking trails or relax by the pond. We also offer countless opportunities to connect with your colleagues through community volunteerism, sports teams and parties, and festive holiday events. Join a volleyball or ping pong league or take part in supporting the Indianapolis Colts during Blue Fridays! Did we mention you’ll be working in state-of-the art buildings with the latest technology and colleagues from all over the world? Join us in bringing food into homes around the world, while we make you feel at home while you’re at work.
If you’re looking to move to a big city with a small-town feel then Indianapolis, Indiana is the place for you. This dynamic, multifaceted city has a robust sports scene, urban nightlife, and top-tier entertainment. Indianapolis is quickly making its name as one of the best sustainable food and agriculture scenes in the country. Located in the heart of the Midwest, Indianapolis is a welcoming city ripe with culture and a thriving economy.
Indianapolis is Indiana’s capital with more than two million residents in the greater metropolitan area. It’s the economic and cultural center of Indiana and offers something for everyone. There’s plenty to do, see, learn and experience in Indianapolis.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!