More than seven billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will surpass nine billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this surging demand. They’ll be seeking options that both sustain the environment and help them to be economically viable, and are increasingly turning to the world’s leading Farm Management Software (FMS), Granular.
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love.
The Mobile DevOps Engineer owns the creation and maintenance of scripting and automated processes across our CI/CD systems and project toolchains, making them reproducible, measurable, and predictable. In this role you will work closely with our Developer and Quality teams, to better understand their challenges and create solutions to improve efficiency and confidence in all stages of product development.
At Granular, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise to reshape the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We’re growing quickly, and expanding our team in San Francisco. Currently, we’re operating in an employee-focused response to COVID-19, with 100% remote work until it is safe to return to the office. We’re looking for proactive, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Partner with developers and QA to ensure high quality products are released to Granular customers on a regular cadence with high confidence.
- Work closely with developers, QA, and leadership to build out next-generation developer tooling and automation, incorporating iOS, Android, and Kotlin Multiplatform concerns.
- Optimize, maintain, and operate our mobile app CI/CD pipelines in Bitrise and GitLab CI.
- Own App Store/Play Store deployment workflows, including developer certificates and signing keys.
- Track and monitor the usage/consumption of infrastructure services; ensure performance, SLA, and cost-control adherence.
- Develop & maintain Turn-Key Mobile Development Workstation Configuration, to enable developers to go from 0 to productive with minimal external support.
- Work with QA teams to integrate Python based test automation, mobile device farms, Chaos, and other nonfunctional testing (Security, Performance, Accessibility).
- Collaborate toward continuous improvement of the team’s productivity, professional enjoyment, code quality, and engineering excellence.
Who You Will Do It With:
- You will support 4 mobile development teams totaling around 20 mobile and 8 QA engineers.
- Our mobile teams have a broad and balanced range of engineering experience and expertise.
- Collaborate with our mobile engineers and QA teams to streamline and automate our development and deployment processes.
Who You Are:
- Has 3+ years of hands-on technical experience with Java, Python, Xcode, Android Studio, and Gradle.
- Is well-versed in CI/CD principles, architecture, and operations.
- Is familiar with App Store and Play Store deployment processes.
- Has experience building developer tools to increase team velocity and developer experience.
- Enjoys a highly collaborative environment, working across disciplines toward the shared goal of team efficiency and happiness.
- Has a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Flexible Vacation Policy + Sick Time
- 10 paid company holidays per year
- Volunteer Time Off
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Family Parental Leave
- Learning Programs and Employee Development
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices when offices re-open
- Currently, we’re operating in an employee-focused response to COVID-19, with 100% remote work. When it is safe to do so, our office hubs will be used for intentional, in-person collaboration but we will retain a flexible work from home policy
Who We Are:
Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build stronger farms today and steward their lands for generations to come. Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data-driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment.
Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient business instead of maximizing bushels. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built in the cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies.
Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by shaping agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
Granular is San Francisco-based, with offices worldwide. Granular is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE:CTVA), a spin off of DowDuPont™. Learn more about our company and people at http://granular.ag/, Twitter, @GranularAg, and Instagram, @Granular_Ag, or facebook.com/GranularAgriculture/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.