• Aggressively originates corn by developing a rapport with local farming community through direct communication.
• Maintains daily communication, organizes logistical services, and assists with accounting issues with suppliers and customers.
• Manages inbound truck logistics for corn origination and outbound truck logistics for distillers’ grains
• Negotiates forward sales contracts to buyers of wet and dry distillers’ grains and devises and executes origination strategies in corn and distillers’ grains
• Gathers news, statistics and information related to individual commodity supply and demand from customers and trade sources, and distributes that information to the remainder of the group to support overall strategic trading/positioning (i.e., contributes to research function)
• Helps manage receivables and facilitates innovative methods to keep accounts receivable and average number of days to pay at a minimum
• Identifies, qualifies and captures new business; develops and contributes to customer/supplier list.
• Takes inventory measurements on corn, chemicals, and By-products.
• Works closely with corn receiving office, learns Compuweigh and probing / grading operations. Occasionally communicates with truckers/suppliers regarding quality.
• One to two years in one or more of the following: Commodity Merchandising/Origination/Trading or Commodity Risk Management or Logistics (i.e. coordination of shipments and deliveries)
• Previous experience in corn, soymeal, DDG, ethanol and/or energy products
• Basic knowledge of futures markets, hedging and arbitrage
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong quantitative skills, including basic knowledge of statistics, algebra (e.g., supply and demand relationships, analysis of price relationships)
• Ability to organize multiple responsibilities, prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Proficiency with spreadsheet and word processing software, (e.g., Excel and MS Word).
• Must have valid driver’s license