At Bunge, people don’t just come here to work, they come here to grow – solving challenges that directly impact the world with a diverse team of thinkers and doers. Bunge offers a strong compensation and benefits package, vacation time and opportunity to progress. Most importantly, in all we do we live our values:
• Act as One Team by fostering inclusion, collaboration, and respect
• Drive for Excellence by being agile, innovative and efficient
• Do What’s Right by acting safely, ethically, and sustainably
Focus Area Overview:
This internship role will be focused on Quality & Food Safety.
If you have a career interest in food science and quality assurance and the desire to gain hands on experience in a manufacturing facility, you should become our next Quality & Food Safety Intern.
This position will offer students the opportunity to build upon the knowledge acquired in the classroom to a food business and manufacturing environment. The Bunge Quality and Food Safety internship program is designed to offer students the opportunity to learn and work with Bunge business units to provide solutions to internal and external stakeholders. Interns will have the opportunity to impact several quality and food safety initiatives and gain exposure to a wide array of QFS programs, including but not limited to, HACCP & Food Safety Plans, laboratory & instrumentation programs, equipment performance & maintenance, food manufacturing & prerequisite programs, product inspection and disposition, and additional project work in related areas.
- Strong academic record from an accredited university.
- Seeking Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food Science, Biology/Microbiology, Chemistry/Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or applicable field with an interest in Quality & Food Safety as a career
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to analyze data to summarize and present in clear and concise reports
- Ability to execute tasks and follow-through to completion with appropriate documentation
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving, prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal communication skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Core Functions & Responsibilities
A project with the Quality & Food Safety organization will include one or multiple of the following activities, depending on the business unit and manufacturing location:
- Validation of microbial sampling/testing techniques and procedures
- Thermal inactivation validation studies
- Development and review of laboratory and sampling Standard Operating Procedures
- Customer complaint reduction initiatives and use of Root Cause Analysis and Corrective & Preventive Action techniques
- Analysis of changes to processing conditions (temperatures, pressures, pump speeds, etc.) on finished product characteristics
- Training of the Operations and Mechanics on the impact to finished product quality and optimization of production parameters
- Validation of analytical methods used for measurement of oils and corn milling streams
- Participation in internal audits and updates to Food Safety Plans
- Engagement with Bunge’s Quality & Food Safety Management System
Our 12 week long Bunge Summer Internship program provides:
- A developmental experience through structured learning goals, combining soft skills training, hands-on projects, and Bunge knowledge.
- Comprehensive understanding of our business through assignments with specific goals and deliverables.
- Networking opportunities with our leaders through Lunch and Learn Series.
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Nearest Major Market: New Orleans
Job Segment: Food Safety, Facilities, Summer Internship, Chemical Research, Sustainable Agriculture, Quality, Operations, Entry Level, Engineering, Agriculture